Department of Computer Science and Technology
Zhejiang University of Technology
A205 Computer Science Building, 288 Liuhe Road, Hangzhou, China
Before joining Zhejiang University of Technology (abbr. ZJUT), I was a joint research associate in Huawei Noah's Ark Lab and CS department of HKUST. I got my PhD in Computer Science from Zhejiang University, China, 2013. From Sep. 2012 to Sep. 2013, I was sponsored by China Scholarship Council (CSC) to pursue my research (as a visiting student) in Department of Computer Science, University of Minneasota-Twin Cities.
My research interests span broad areas of Big Data, including spatio-temporal data management, text mining and process management. I am fascinated by building systems and designing algorithms that address both effectiveness and efficiency issues in data-centric applications.
1. Bin Cao, Yuqi Liu, Chenyu Hou, Jing Fan, Baihua Zheng, Jianwei Yin. Expediting the Accuracy-improving Process of SVMs for Class Imbalance Learning. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2020.
2. Bin Cao, Jiaxing Wang, Jing Fan, Shuiguang Deng, Jian Yang, Weiliang Zhao, Jianwei Yin, Mengchu Zhou. ProDiff: A Process Difference Detection Method based on Hierarchical Decomposition. IEEE Transactions on Service Computing. 2020.
3. Bin Cao, Jiawei Wu, Sichao Wang, Jing Fan, Honghao Gao, Shuigung Deng, Jianwei Yin, Xuan Liu. Unsupervised Derivation of Keyword Summary for Short Texts. ACM Transactions on Internet Technology. 2020.
4. Bin Cao, Chenyu Hou, Liwei Zhao, Louai Alarabi, Jing Fan, Mohamed F.Mokbel, Anas Basalamah. SHAREK*: A Scalable Matching Method for Dynamic Ride Sharing. Geoinformatica. 2020.
5. Bin Cao, Chenyu Hou, Hongjie Peng, Jing Fan, Jian Yang, Jianwei Yin, Shuiguang Deng. Predicting E-book Ranking based on the Implicit User Feedback. World Wide Web Journal. 2019, 22(2), 637-655.
6. Bin Cao, Chenyu Hou, Suifei Li, Jing Fan, Jianwei Yin, Baihua Zheng, and Jie Bao. SIMkNN: A Scalable Method for In-Memory kNN Search over Moving Objects in Road Networks. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. (IF=2.775), 2018, 30(10):1957-1970.
7. Bin Cao, Jiaxing Wang, Jing Fan, Jianwei Yin, Tianyang Dong. Querying Similar Process Models based on the Hungarian Algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Service Computing. (IF=3.520), 2017, 10(1):121-135.
8. Bin Cao, Chenyu Hou, Jing Fan. Covering the Optimal Time Window over Temporal Data. In Proceedings of the 26th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management CIKM'17, Singapore.